The Mission of the Post-Doc Association for the Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research is to act as a unified representational body for Post-Doctoral Researchers employed by the MPI-HLR for promoting career support and development.
We aim to accomplish this by:
- Using elected representatives to communicate with the administration.
- Organizing interdepartmental and external training events (including invited speakers).
- Providing a hub for Post-Doc informational resources on the intranet: follow this link to open the intranet
- Acting as representatives for the MPS PostdocNet which provides additional resources here: http://www.postdocnet.mpg.de/
These resources will include but are not limited to:
- Guest House information/Moving tips (apartment hunting, listings for apartments of soon-to-be-moving-away members etc.)
- Foreign language resources
- Information about Bad Nauheim (Shopping, Banks, Doctors, Mobile Carriers)
- Calendar for events/national holidays (i.e. when stores are closed)
Current Committee Members:
- Lihan Xie (Stainier Dept) - President - Official Post-Doc liaison to the MPI-HLR Directors and MPS
- Laia-Canes Esteve (Braun Dept)
- Angelina Georgieva (Braun Dept)
Departmental Representatives – to ensure each department’s Post-Docs are fairly represented, each department selects one of its Post-Docs to attend Committee meetings to help voice concerns and opinions not brought to the committee directly.
2022 - Present
Do you have questions, suggestions, or feedback? Please, let us know!