Stellenangebot vom 28. April 2021
The Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research (Bad Nauheim, Germany) invites applications for a full or part time Flow Cytometry Specialists – Sorter Operators (m/f/d) with a technical and / or academic background for the Flow Cytometry Core Facility (Ref: 2021_01).
The positions will be available immediately and will be initially limited to 2 years.
The Flow Cytometry Facility at the MPI-HLR is looking for enthusiastic individuals with experience in Flow Cytometry and Data Analysis. The core facility provides key scientific services to multiple research groups at the MPI-HLR. The facility is equipped with various state-of-the-art instruments from BD biosciences, BioRad, ThermoFisher, and Union Biometrica. The facility supports a broad range of projects that include stem cell biology, immunology, and developmental biology. We work with different samples, i.e. cell lines, and primary tissue samples from mouse, human, and zebrafish.
- Cell sorting, analytical flow cytometry, and data analysis
- Training and support for users of the core facility
- Development of new experimental approaches
- Calibration and maintenance of the flow cytometers and cell sorters
- Experimental assistance on various research projects
- General lab organization and administrative tasks
- Professional training as technical assistant (BTA, MTA), B.Sc., M.Sc. or equivalent qualification. Scientists with post doc experience are welcome.
- Experience in cell sorting/flow cytometry is advantageous
- High commitment, responsibility, motivation, and a collaborative attitude
- Ability to work both independently and in a scientific-, service-oriented environment
- Good English skills are mandatory
We offer an interesting and multifaceted position in an enthusiastic and collaborative team, in an outstanding international scientific environment, with numerous opportunities for professional development and training. Compensation and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service (TVöD-Bund).
The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
Your application should be uploaded to our application portal.
The deadline for applications is 31 May 2021
Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research
61231 Bad Nauheim