DeutschEnglish

The Max Planck Institut for Heart and Lung Research

The Max Planck Institute in Bad Nauheim began carrying out heart and lung research as far back as 1931. The institution was originally founded as the William G. Kerckhoff-Herzforschungsinstitut (William G. Kerckhoff Heart Research Institute) and supported by the foundation of the same name, the William G. Kerckhoff Foundation.

It became affiliated with the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science in 1951 and was fully integrated into it in 1972. Further information on the founding history and on the management and organization of the Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research - W.G. Kerckhoff Institute in Bad Nauheim can be found under the following headings:

© 2017 Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany